Dr. Kamran Chaudhri joined our practice in December 2016. He comes to us from Guthrie Clinic – part of the Guthrie Health System in Sayre, Pennsylvania. Dr. Chaudhri is a board certified ophthalmologist who specializes in the medical, surgical, and laser treatment of glaucoma and cataracts. He is fellowship trained in glaucoma. As an ophthalmologist who treats the structures of the anterior segment, Dr. Chaudhri is highly qualified to manage the disease using sophisticated diagnostic instrumentation providing the latest medical or surgical interventions to maintain safe intraocular pressure. These can include prescription medications, glaucoma laser therapies such as Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT), Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (LPI), Cyclophotocoagulation (CPC), and glaucoma filtering surgery. He is especially adept at managing glaucoma in patients who also need cataract surgery.
Dr. Chaudhri is a 1993 graduate of Rutgers University. He went on to complete his medical degree and internship at Rutger’s Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1997 and 1998 respectively. Dr. Chaudhri was a resident in ophthalmology at Albany Medical College, and he completed his glaucoma fellowship at Yale Eye Center at Yale University School of Medicine in 2002 with Dr. Bruce Shields. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Guthrie Multi-Specialty Group, Guthrie Clinic, Sayre, PA Sept 2012 – December 2016
- Ophthalmic Associates of the Southern Tier Johnson City, NY Nov 2006 – August 2012
- Fallon Clinic Multi-Specialty Group Fallon Clinic, Worcester, MA Sept. 2004 – October 2006
- Azar Eye Institute Group Practice Salisbury, MD July 2002 – August 2004
Glaucoma Fellowship, Yale Eye Center, New Haven, CT July 2001 – June 2002
Chief Resident, Department of Ophthalmology, Yale University-School of Medicine, New Haven, CT July 2000 – June 2001
Resident, Department of Ophthalmology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY July 1998 – June 2001
Intern, Department of Medicine, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson MS, New Brunswick, NJ July 1997 – June 1998
- American Board of Ophthalmology, 2003
- New York, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Glaucoma Screening Project in High Risk Patients of New Haven County with M. Bruce Shields, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, Yale School of Medicine
- Intraocular Pressure Control with Cosopt versus Concomitant Timolol and Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor with Sai B. Gandham, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, Albany Medical College.
- Evaluation of Risk Factors for Blindness in Glaucoma, with Sai B. Gandham, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, Albany Medical College.
ORGANIZATIONS AND SOCIETIES:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Monica Giganti, MD, Guthrie Clinic, Guthrie Health System, Sayre, PA
- Bruce Shields, MD, Chairman & Professor Emeritus, Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science, New Haven, CT
- John W. Simon, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Lions Eye Institute, Slingerlands, NY
For an appointment, call us at (518) 580-0553.